Application Deadline: March 22, 2019
Library Unit: Digital Collections Services
Contact Person: Mario Ramirez
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Classification: Library Computer Assistant II
Job Title: Quality Control and Translation Specialist
Pay Rate: $11.25
Hours Per Week: 10-15
Evening/Weekends Required: No
Open to Students Only: Yes
Work Study Only: No
The Digital Collections Services (DCS) department fosters partnerships that provide opportunities for innovation, which extend the Libraries’ technical infrastructure, services, and digital content. We connect multiple units and people across the Indiana University (IU) Libraries and IU Bloomington, and other IU campuses, by providing consultation and services for the creation and dissemination of digital special collections and digital research projects.
We are responsible for three main areas integral to the development and growth of the IU Libraries’ digital special collections and technical infrastructure:
• Digitizing special collections held by or affiliated with the IU Libraries
• Creating and maintaining digital library services that provide workflows to curate, preserve and make content accessible online for teaching and research
• Advancing knowledge and research in digital scholarship
DCS seeks a Quality Control and Translation Specialist to contribute to the Archivo Mesoamericano project.
This position requires the selected individual(s) to edit and inspect the quality of captions for close to 200 Spanish language videos. Some direct audio to text transcription may be necessary as well, depending on condition of the captions and the need to supplement audio dialogue. The candidate will also be expected to translate and produce English language transcripts for a selection of videos. Ability to read, write and comprehend Spanish is a must. Some experience with transcription is welcome. Appointment is primarily for the Spring semester (post-Spring Break) through early Summer semester with the possibility of additional summer hours.
• fluent in Spanish, able to read, write and speak the language
• attention to detail
• strong oral and written communication skills reliable, punctual, and able to work independently
• experience with transcription workflows
• experience working within the Kaltura environment
How to Apply: