IU Brazilian Studies and the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies invite student submissions for the Martins-Sadlier Award for best paper in Brazilian Studies. The $200 prize honors Professor Heitor Martins and Professor Darlene Sadlier of the IU Department of Spanish and Portuguese for their long-term collaboration in promoting Brazilian Studies at IU.
Note: The Martins-Sadlier Award is awarded at the CLACS Spring Reception held on April 16, 2020 at 5pm.
1. Awarded to best essay addressing any topic related to Brazil.
2. Submissions may be in English, Spanish, Portuguese, or any combination of these languages.
3. Open to all undergraduate and graduate students at IU.
1. Submit papers as PDF or Word documents with double-spacing and 12-point font
2. No page maximum or minimum.
3. To maintain anonymity please remove identifying information from the paper (including author, title, metadata).
4. Include all identifying information within the email submission.
5. Submit papers to email@example.com with the subject line "Martins-Sadlier Award in Brazilian Studies."