Are you interested in foreign languages and cultures? If so, we want to help fund your studies. Apply for FLAS.
The Hamilton Lugar School and Indiana University teach more than 80 languages—the most in the country. We also lead the country in available Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) fellowships*.
FLAS fellowships are prestigious awards that support the development of cultural fluency and global expertise in nearly every area of the world, including Russia, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. In other words, you'll receive a very generous stipend and tuition benefits to study a critical language.
Applications are now open for this incredible opportunity.
• Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application deadline: January 30, 2022
FLAS Awards: Summer 2022
• $2,500 stipend
• $5,000 maximum tuition award
FLAS Awards: Academic Year 2022-23*
• $5,000 stipend
• $10,000 maximum tuition award
* The availability of FLAS funds for AY 2022-2023 is NOT GUARANTEED, but students are highly encouraged to apply now in the event that funding becomes available. It is anticipated that the U.S. Department of Education will announce the availability of funds for AY 2022-2023 during the Spring or Summer of 2022. FLAS funds for Summer 2022 are secured and available. FLAS fellowships are funded by the United States Department of Education and are intended to promote the training of students who plan to make their careers in college or university teaching, government service, or other employment where knowledge of foreign languages and cultures is a prerequisite for success. FLAS awards are only available to US citizens, nationals, or permanent residents.